Friday, July 16, 2010

Tooting one's own tooter

Returning to this blog after a long gap, I had a stroll through some of my old posts and I'm surprised to find that some of them aren't half bad. Which got me thinking about collecting together the good bits and publishing them. Probably just as PDFs, as there would be all kinds of copyright issues if I wanted to do anything more professional.

And then that turned into two books, because there's enough to do one that's purely Wonder Woman focussed and one that's everything else. So I'm now working my way through collating it all and polishing it up a bit. Though probably not much, as I'm far too lazy to make that much effort when I'm not getting paid for it.

I guess this means I'm going to have to finally get around to reading the last thirty issues of pre-Crisis Wonder Woman in order to finish it off. Le sigh.

ETA: Here's a question for anyone who has read much of my ramblings; for the non-Wonder Woman collection I wasn't thinking of including any actual comics reviews, but as I look through, I find that some of them (particularly the Teen Titans and Legion Showcase bits) stand up quite well. Should I include them or not?

2 comments:

Asian Afro said...

Include the comics reviews.

Any thoughts on the new Wondy costume? I thought it was just bland.

Welcome back, by the way.

Marionette said...

Thank you. I might even get around to doing some comics blogging one day.

I confess I haven't seen the story yet, so I don't know how it works in context. From the images I've seen I thought it was ok, if not great. Certainly not iconic enough to stick around.